The Most Anticipated Show is Back with 18 Local and International Headliners
Rita Baga to Host the Largest Edition of Drag Superstars in the History of the Festival
Montreal, July 19, 2022 ─ The Montréal Pride Festival, presented by TD in collaboration with Casino de Montreal, announces the much-anticipated return of Drag Superstars, featuring a lineup of 18 drag artists from Canada, the U.S., France and the United Kingdom. They will join host Rita Baga in this highly colorful show on Thursday, August 4, starting at 8 p.m. on the TD stage on the Esplanade of the Olympic Park.
The largest Free Drag Show in the Country!
Along with DJ Kevin Aviance, legendary New York drag performer and DJ, opening the show, fans will be treated to a new format with a host of several dancers and a brand-new stage design. “We’ve spared no effort to make this return of our drag superstars a success. Their performances will impress all fans of the genre thanks to some special effects we have planned,” said Chris Ngabonziza, Montréal Pride’s director of programming.
High Caliber Local and International Artists
For Rita Baga, who will be at the helm of the show, the event is akin to a homecoming. “After seven years as head of programming for the Montreal Pride Festival, it is such a joy to be back with this extraordinary team for this new edition of Drag Superstars,” says Rita Baga. “I’ve selected some of the best performers from here and abroad to put on a real extravaganza of an evening, the biggest free drag show in the country, bringing together international stars,” adds Rita Baga.
A Great Showcase for our Local and Canadian Drag Artists
Artists from the Québec and Canadian drag scenes, who have shone in recent years and who will be performing, include:
- Hercusleaze (Montréal): An illustrator and art director from season 1 of Call me Mother in 2021.
- Kiara (Montréal): Participated in season 1 of Canada’s Drag Race, along with Rita Baga.
- Manny (Montréal): A legendary drag queen and mother of the House of Manny.
- Pétula Claque (Montréal): A make-up artist and drag queen who has won many titles in local contests such as Miss Cocktail.
- Priyanka (Toronto): After a career on the YTV network, she became Canada’s first Drag Superstar on season 1 of Canada’s Drag Race.
- Pythia (Montréal): A finalist on season 2 of Canada’s Drag Race.
- Sasha Baga (Montréal): A co-host of the show La Drag En Moi on Crave as well a drag queen
- Suki Doll (Montréal): A drag queen of Vietnamese, Chinese and Cambodian origin, she was recognized as Miss Congeniality during season 2 of Canada’s Drag Race.
Ten Stars of the International TV Franchises
Most of the international guest performers are top stars in their respective countries as well as of the television franchises of RuPaul’s Drag Race and Queen of the Universe. They are:
- Nicky Doll – France: The most international of all French drag queens, she participated in season 12 of RuPaul’s Drag Race and is the host of Drag Race France.
- La Big Bertha – France: Calls herself a drag queen with a message, this artist is into burlesque and a current participant in the 2022 edition of Drag Race France
- Lawrence Chaney – Scotland, United Kingdom: Winner of Drag Race UK, season 2.
- Tayce – Wales, United Kingdom: Both a model and drag queen, she was a finalist of Drag Race UK, season 2
- Ada Vox – United States: A singer-songwriter and Latinx drag queen, participant in seasons 12 and 16 of American Idol, and a finalist in Queen of the Universe.
- Jasmine Kennedie – United States: A participant of season 14 of RuPaul’s Drag Race, is a current member of the cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race Live in Las Vegas.
- Kylie Sonique Love – United States: The winner of season 6 of Drag Race All Stars.
- Silky Nutmeg Ganache – United States: A finalist on season 11 of RuPaul’s Drag Race and a contestant on season 6, Drag Race All Stars.
- Ra’Jah O’Hara – United States: A participant of season 11 of RuPaul’s Drag Race and of season 6 of Drag Race All Stars.
A Signature Performance by Host Rita Baga
Proclaimed the Queen of Montréal on numerous occasions and currently on tour with Creature, her first One Drag Show, host Rita Baga promises surprises that are sure to please thousands of spectators. She is also at the helm of Drag Race Belgique and of the La Drag en Moi show, on Crave, airing next August 7.
Thanks to Our Partners
Montréal Pride expresses its sincere thanks to its loyal partners: TD Bank Group, partner since 2008, the Casino de Montréal, the Gouvernement du Québec, the Ville de Montréal, the Government of Canada, Tourisme Montréal, Trojan, Fido, the SAQ, Air Canada, Bubly, Fugues, La Presse, CTV, Montréal Gazette, Narcity, the Olympic Park, the RÉMI and the SDC du Village.
About Montréal Pride
Since 2007, at the initiative of Montréal’s 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, the Montréal Pride festival has been promoting their rights and celebrating their cultural richness and social progress. This largest gathering of people of sexual and gender diversity in the French-speaking world, works locally on a daily basis and serves as a beacon of hope for people living in areas hostile to our communities.
Montréal Pride is based in Tiohtia:ke, on the unceded territory of the Kanien’kehá: ka Nation. We recognize her as the custodian of the lands and waters on which we gather. Toothlike is historically known as a gathering place for many First Nations, and today a diverse Indigenous population, as well as other peoples, reside here. It is with respect for the connections to the past, present, and future that we recognize the ongoing relationships between Indigenous Peoples and others in the Montréal community.
– 30 –
Consultant, Media Relations
Téléchargez notre application mobile
Planifiez votre festival, apprenez-en plus sur nos artistes et événements, consulter les plans des sites et plus encore !
Propulsé par Greencopper